This recipe is beginner friendly, vegan friendly ( minus hershey kisses) and wont make you feel so awful in indulging!
- 1 and 3/4 cup flour (I used organic unbleached)
- 1/3 cup sugar ( I switched this up and used monk fruit sugar instead and a dash of brown sugar)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup apple sauce unsweetened
- 3 VERY ripe bananas mashed well
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup almond milk ( plus a splash more- depending on how dry your batter appears)
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease a loaf pan (I used vegan butter) set aside.
- Mash bananas and add maple syrup, vanilla extract,apple sauce and almond milk. Mix together.
- In a seperate bowl add all other dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugars, and salt. Mix well.
- Add wet to dry and mix well.
- Feel free to fold in cinnamon, chocolate chips, walnuts etc.. remember a chunky batter is good but be sure its not dry.. also add any extra splashes of almond milk if necessary.
- Pour batter in loaf pan
- Bake for 50 mins- check with tooth pick to be sure middle is fully cooked.
I love adding walnuts or chocolate chips but tonight I improvised and added a few almond Hershey kisses ontop and it was a perfect substitute.
*Reminder if you want to keep this vegan be sure to check your chocolate ingredients