This dish is impressive to look at and tastes phenomenal. It also looks quite fancy, but beginners can easily master this one! A great dish to make for company or date night!
- 1 medium spaghetti squash halved
- olive oil spray
- salt and pepper
- 1 medium zucchini (half moons)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/4 cup white onion chopped
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- freshly chopped parsley to garnish
- salt and pepper to taste
- parmesan cheese to top if desired
OPTIONAL ADD IN: Shredded chicken breast 2-3 cups.
We decided to cook the chicken breast in our Instapot to make sure it was extra juicy and it came out just right. We also decided to add bone broth to add for some extra nutrients for this dish and it did not disappoint. Season as desired, and shred with a fork.
- Preheat Oven to 400 F. Cut squash in half and remove filling with a spoon. Drizzle insides with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- On a lined baking sheet ( I used a baking mat) place squash cut side down, bake 35 mins.
- Add olive oil to large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook until tender about 5 mins. Next add zucchini, tomatoes, italian seasoning, lemon zest, salt and pepper. Let cook an additional 5 mins.
- Remove squash from oven and with a scarping motion pull along the inner portion of squash with a fork. Magically your spaghetti will appear! Scoop the spaghetti and shredded chicken into skillet with remaining ingredients. Mix well.
- Add all ingredients into the halve squash and sprinkle with mozz cheese. Bake an additional 5 mins until cheese melts. Garnish with parsley and enjoy!
TIP: I stuffed my squash quite full and still had extra shredded chicken, I used this to make chicken salad the next day and it was AMAZING. It would also be great in a dip, get creative but never waste!