- 2 1/4 cup flour ( All purpose or GF works great)
- 1 cup Unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup shredded or grated carrots
- 2 flax/chia eggs OR substitute 4 tbsp plant based plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup veg butter
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Line muffin pan with muffin cups, cooking spray, vegan butter OR do what I do when desperate cut parchment paper into squares and make your own muffin cups- it worked like a charm!
- Mix all wet ingredients together in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl mix dry- Combine dry and wet, mix until even.
- Spoon ingredients into muffin pan ( be careful to not overfill).
- Bake for 25 mins- check with toothpick when done.
- Serve alone for breakfast OR add vanilla dairy free ice cream for a sweeter treat and drizzle with carrot shavings!