This is a beautiful dish that is really quite simple and quick to make even during a busy work week.
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1/4 cup chopped white onions
- 1 cup chopped fresh spinach
- 3 tbsp almond milk based plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup feta crumbles
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1-3 tbsp fresh chopped mint (Depending on preference)
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/2 lemon lemon squeezed
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F
- Add all ingredients together in a bowl and mix together with clean hands, ensuring everything is mixed evenly.
- Roll into balls about the size of a clementine or so about 2 inches wide. If you prefer smaller just be sure to not overcook!
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper(see image above)
- Place balls into pan and squeeze juice of half a lemon over entirety of pan.
- Bake for 20-25 mins.
I served these with Tzatziki, rice and quinoa mix, kalamata olives with a slice of bakery fresh bread sliced tomatoes and a drizzle of balsamic dressing.
Turkey serves as an excellent source of protein that is a lower fat choice compared to other meats such a ground beef.
Spinach is rich in vitamins A, C, K, magnesium and iron. It is a MUST in a healthy diet and adding them to this recipe is a simple way to get an added health boost to your meal!
Personally If I am going to have a meal that contains meat I like to boost it with extra veggies to be sure I am staying balanced. This recipe makes it so easy to do so and your taste buds will thank you!
Quick easy and great for leftovers, I hope you enjoy!