These pancakes will leave you full of protein and deliciousness!
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup protein- I used TB12 vanilla plant protein
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp monk fruit sweetener
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup water
- OPTIONAL: splash of vanilla extract and pinch of cinnamon
NOTE: You dont need to add too much sweetener or forget it all together if your protein powder is sweet enough!
Strawberry drizzle OPTIONAL
- 1 cup strawberries
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tsp honey or monk fruit
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- Heat nonstick pan medium-heat
- Add all dry ingredients to a bowl and mix well..
- Separately add all wet ingredients to a bowl mix well.
- Slowly add wet to dry stirring well.
- Once pancake mix is combined STOP stirring- you will want a bit of thickness to the batter- this gives you fluffy cakes!
NOTE: If you prefer cakes not as thick just add a bit of water or almond milk to batter.
- Heat small nonstick pan on medium heat-add fruit.
- once warmed add remaining ingredients
- Bring down to summer for let thicken.
OPTIONAL ADD INS: I made these a bit sweeter with some chocolate chips and banana slices. Feel free to subsitite straberries for any other berries youd like. Ive done it with blueberries(See pic below) and they were fantastic!
This is a great recipe if you dont want empty carbs-these babies pack in protein and leave you quite satisfied with minimal ingredients. Leave a comment below if you try it out!