This recipe is a delicious balanced din that is simple and totally doable for beginners!
- 3 chicken breasts butterflied
- White rice
- Cilantro chopped
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 lemon juiced and zest
- 1 tsp agave
- 1-2 tsp cayenne depending on heat preference
- 1 tsp garlic powder or 1 small garlic clove minced- or both :p
- 1 tsp ginger powder or fresh ginger
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp dried basil
- salt&pepper to taste
DIRECTIONS: PREHEAT OVEN TO 400F
- Mix together all marinade ingredients.
- Toss asparagus with a few spoon fulls of marinade.
- Baste both sides of chicken breasts with marinade.
- Place chicken on a parchment lined baking sheet
- Add fresh lemon slices on top
- Place asparagus on a seperate baking sheet also lined with parchment.
- Bake both chicken and asparagus for 15-20 mins.
- Serve over Cilantro rice and enjoy!
This recipe is awesome because you can cook both veggies and chicken at the same time so you arent sprending forever in the kitchen.
This is a nice go-to recipe when you want a balanced delicious dinner that wont take forever!